Year 10 History World War 2 to Vietnam – Digital Storytelling excursion
The museum is putting together a digital storytelling excursion: ‘Year 10 history World War 2 to Vietnam’. They are looking to schools to pilot the excursion during 2014.
Students spend the day at the museum learning about World War 2, National Service and Vietnam through demonstrations and artefacts. Students work in groups to create digital stories – short movies on their tablet devices, and show them at the end of the day. A small prize is awarded to the winning team, for the best digital story as voted on by the museum volunteers. The day includes live demonstrations of horseback tent pegging and a flag raising ceremony with firing party. They create great action footage!
The day is structured as follows:
- Overview: includes instruction on digital story telling and movie making app on tablet device
- Museum experience: students rotate through the museum displays and talks including:
- WW2 weaponry
- Signals & Communications
- National Service
- Vietnam and Jungle warfar
- Troop Rations
- Horses in WW2
- Flag Raising ceremony with firing party
- Horseback Tent Pegging Demonstration
- Movie Storyboarding time
- Interviews and additional photo/video capture
- Sausage sizzle /lunch
- Movie creation and polishing
- Digital story showtime
Cost: special price for schools piloting the program $10/student (normal ly$15), includes sausage sizzle for lunch.
For bookings or further information contact Janis Hanley: m:0412615483 or email Janis firstname.lastname@example.org